Can’t Reset Linksys Smart WiFi Router
Linksys router reset failed, or cant reset Linksys using linksyssmartwifi.com or ‘reset’ button. Want to restore Linksys factory setting, but unable to reset default factory setting of Linksys router even after several trial. Or Want to what to do before Linksys router reset.
Linksys router factory reset failed
Linksys router is one of the most reliable for its internet speed and high-performance. There are many instances where a lot of problems are solved by resetting your linksys router. There are some cases where users are not able to reset linksys router. This guide will provide all the solutions if you can’t reset Linksys router.
How to reset Linksys Router will not reset to factory defaults?
Perform 30/30/30 Reset Procedure for reset Linksys router failed
By applying the 30/30/30 procedure, users are able to reset Linksys routers without any problem. In order to get rid of not able to Linksys router reset follow the below set of instructions
- First thing is to do that, power ON the router.
- After that press and hold the RESET button till 30 seconds.
- After that power OFF or unplug the router and again press the reset button for 30 seconds again.
- Then repeat this process for one more time.
Note: Users need to perform this process at least 3 times.
- Then release the RESET button and leave the router for 10 seconds.
- Remove the power cable from the router and wait for a few seconds and reconnect it again.
By using this method one can reset linksys router to factory default settings. This method is considered to be one of safest methods for if users are unable Linksys router reset. Once this method is finished the user needs to reconfigure its setting according to the requirement.
Can’t Reset Linksys Router - Advanced Troubleshooting Steps
If the above methods fail to resolve your problem then you should proceed towards advance troubleshooting steps.
Linksys Router Reset Failed -Resolve
- Firstly, disconnect your modem and connect your Linksys router to the PC and port 1 on the router.
- Press the RESET button of the linksys router till the ethernet light goes OFF and then back on.
- Unplug the router and plug it back and quickly press and hold the RESET button.
- Make sure that the power light is blinking and hold the reset button till it stops doing so.
- If the power light stops blinking, it shows that the router is returned to the factory defaults.
- Open the web browser on your laptop/computer and type the default web address i.e. linksyssmartwifi com in the address bar of the browser.
- Once you have accessed the management screen go to the setup page.
- Look for Mac Address Clone and press the Clone button.
- Click on the NEXT button and Save settings.
- Navigate through the Administration option to set a new password for the wireless router.
- Now set the IP back to automatic on your device and then repair the connection.
- Users need to check status to make sure that IP address is in the 192.168.1.xx network.
If you face any problem while trying the above method get in touch with our linksys expert, they will provide you complete information if you are not able to reset linksys smart wifi router.